A strong immune system depends on many factors; Healthy Food & Nourishment, Quality Sleep, Good Gut Health, Low Electromagnetic Stress, Self Confidence and a Positive Mindset. Try your best at doing what you can in these areas to help you and your family stay healthy and resilient.
Here are some ways you can bolster & support your immune system:
- Stay Hydrated: The Human Body is made up of 80% water. That's by design! The body works best when it's primary ingredient is well balanced.
- Vitamin A-rich foods: Vitamin A is our number one nutrient to help with protection against viruses. So take your cod liver oil, one that contains natural vitamin A and eat liver about once a week.
- Vitamin D: Vitamin D works with vitamin A to give us a strong immune system. Best sources are cod liver oil, egg yolks from pastured hens, butter from grass-fed cows, fish eggs and lard from pigs raised outdoors. Or take a supplement if these foods are not available.
- Lacto-fermented foods: Eat properly fermented foods such as Kimchi, Saurkraut or Kombucha, which all help support healthy gut bacteria.
- Gelatin-rich bone broth: Supports the immune system, improves gut health and helps us detoxify.
- Vitamin C: Your best source is fermented veggies like sauerkraut–there is ten times more vitamin C in sauerkraut than in fresh cabbage! Or take a good quality supplement if you can't find or make your own sauerkraut.
- Saturated Fats: Coronavirus has an affinity for the lungs, and the lungs can’t work without saturated fats, so eat plenty of butter and avoid all industrial fats and oils such as canola oil, soy oil or corn oil.
- Get your antioxidants to prevent cellular oxidation. Eat plenty of plants and healthy oils such as unrefined extra virgin olive oil, raw flax seed oil, raw fish oils and black seed oil.
- Silver water: A great immune supporter and antibacterial liquid
- Elderberry: The unique phytochemicals found in elderberries block the virus from entering, or even attaching to our healthy cells, when taken preventatively.
- Oil of Oregano: Fight off infections by maintaining cell-wall strength against viruses. Make white blood cells which destroy harmful bacteria and viruses
- Stay hydrated, especially with warm liquids such as non-caffeinated herbal teas (Lemon, Ginger, Echinacea, Peppermint, Holy Basil, etc.)
- Sleep, rest, and keep stress low
- Use supplements and herbs to support immunity such as my favorites: Cod Liver Oil, Zyflamend, Active X Multi, Enerex Greens and Ki Immune Defense.
- Lessen Fear and Stress whenever possible. Get outside and realize how beautiful Mother Nature really is!
We are here to support you! Please feel free to call us if you have any questions. We will help in any way we can.
Rick Kohut C.H.N.C.
Health Street Wellness